making buildroot for arm7tdmi, static flat fails

Dan Engel dengel at sourceharvest.com
Sat Nov 13 15:59:38 UTC 2010

Follow-up on the below:

If I first configure uclibc ("make uclibc-menuconfig") and enable global
constructors and destructors and run "make" it fails with some missing
__init_array and __fini_array stuff--building gcc, I think.

Then, when I go back and disable global constructors and destructors in
uclibc (the original configuration I was trying to build) and run
"make", it works all the way through.

This two-step process seems to be needed to get a working arm7tdmi
static flat system. I haven't tried the toolchain out, yet, so I don't
know whether I can trust it.

Does anyone know why it wouldn't build straight through on the one
configuration?

Thanks,
-Dan