release? (Was: Re: bison and m4 with uclibs linuxthreads (new): error: field '_sp' has incomplete type)

Bernhard Reutner-Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 19:22:00 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 02:42:48PM +0100, Natanael Copa wrote:
>On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 11:37 PM, Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:
>> I hate to bring up the word "release" on this list, but is there any chance of
>> integrating this patch actually meaning something in the forseeable future?
>
>I wonder the same.

Sorry, i've been busy buring Onkel Emil and taking over his duties to
prepare $HOME for the winter.

>I am about to create the second release of Alpine Linux based off a
>git snapshot of uclibc. Atleast for x86 the git master with NPTL have
>been very stable recently, infact better than any previous release.
>
>What are the big show stoppers for next uclibc release?

Well, I need to merge in microblaze (pending input, not a show-stopper
but would be nice) but other than that, i'm not aware of any other
blockers for 0.9.32.. are you?

Let's install a mental countdown.. burry my grandma on 4th (7th death in
my family during the last 12 months -- literally. uncool, ain't it :(
), resurrect microblaze tuesday/wednesday next week (that'd be 9th-10th)
declare an RC1 on 20101111, finish theme-suppoert for open-phd-guiding,
wait a week then release uClibc-0.9.32.

So.. outstanding issues for 0.9.32, code-wise?