Hard wired Linux header paths?

Ersin Akinci ersin.akinci at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 15:31:19 UTC 2010

> uClibc needs kernel headers to generate headers.
>
> If you want to install uClibc into a separate, empty directory that
> you can tar, then install it to that separate directory.
>
> make PREFIX=/my/rootdir install_headers
> make PREFIX=/some/where/else install_headers

Naturally.  It just seemed odd to me that they were being generated at
installation time, which suggests that the library is somehow hardwired to
look for kernel headers in that directory.  No worries, though.  I can see
now that's just a quirk of the build/install procedure.

-Ersin

--
What Digital Revolution? -- www.whatdigitalrevolution.com
Thinking critically about digital worlds.