Hard wired Linux header paths?

Ersin Akinci ersin.akinci at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 17:53:04 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I was running "make install" after compiling and I wanted to install to a
temporary root directory (that is, a random subdir on my system that I'm
treating as a root dir for creating an image) that I had already installed
my Linux headers to, the same ones which I had told uClibc to use during its
compile.  Before installing, however, I cleaned out the directory, thus
removing the headers so that I could create a tar file with just the uClibc
install for backup purposes, but make install wouldn't run without the
headers in place.  What's the reason for this?  Is make install
hardwiring/hardwired to some header paths?

Thanks,
Ersin

--
What Digital Revolution? -- www.whatdigitalrevolution.com
Thinking critically about digital worlds.