[ANNOUNCE] 0.9.32-rc1 released

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at sunsite.dk
Mon Dec 27 20:30:21 UTC 2010

>>>>> "Bernhard" == Bernhard Reutner-Fischer <rep.dot.nop at gmail.com> writes:

Hi,
 Bernhard> I'm happy to announce that we now have a 0.9.32-rc1.
 Bernhard> Please test this release candidate and report back.

 Bernhard> We aim to do the final release end of january to give people
 Bernhard> enough time to check the release candidate. After the 0.9.32
 Bernhard> release we will merge the prelink branch into master.

 Bernhard> Thanks alot to everybody who contributed so far and to those
 Bernhard> who reported bugs.  Let's make this release i success!

Great, thanks.

There unfortunately seems to be an issue on ppc with NPTL and
UCLIBC_USE_NETLINK=y

  CC libc/inet/herror.os
  CC libc/inet/if_index.os
In file included from libc/inet/if_index.c:37:
libc/inet/netlinkaccess.h:29: error: redefinition of typedef '__u8'
/home/peko/source/buildroot/output/toolchain/linux/include/asm-generic/int-ll64.h:20: note: previous declaration of '__u8' was here

stdio.h seems to eventually include asm/types.h, which then conflicts
with the local typedefs in netlinkaccess.h. The same config works on
ARM.

Why are we adding those local typedefs in the first place? They were
added back in 2006 by Mike, but the commit message doesn't really
explain why:

commit 80908df22df6d73847801a48f26380f996cf10c4
Author: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo.org>
Date:   Sat Jan 14 00:16:18 2006 +0000

    make sure linux/types.h doesnt screw us up

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard