newbie question about compiling uclibc programs

Alvin Cheung alvin.cheung at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 18:16:50 UTC 2010

Hello,

I am trying to build a uclibc toolchain on my host system (ubuntu i386 32 bits).
  I have downloaded and built buildroot and have made sure that the config
matches that of the host (arch, kernel header version, etc).  But when I tried
to compile simple programs using the resulting i386-linux-uclibc-gcc, it either
seg faults if statically linked, or it cannot find the shared libraries if
dynamically linked.  Can someone please tell me what I have overlooked?

Thanks,
Alvin