0.9.32 plans/TODOs

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Apr 17 05:33:37 UTC 2010

Catching up on the list now that 0.9.31 is out...

On Friday 02 April 2010 12:18:52 Bernhard Reutner-Fischer wrote:
> EHLO
>
> - austin has brought nptl up to snuff with master. Thanks!
> - -std=gnu89 (before merge/after/not ?) I fear that certain folks
>   will wince if we (we're well in 2010 at the time of this writing and
>   C99 is the dominating standard for the majority that i'm aware of)
>   drop it, yes?

Yes, announce with the release.  Anybody wanting to use C89 can do so with
0.9.31 or older.  (Or fix what's broken and send a patch.)

> - merge nptl into now open master. Trivial, Austin kindly volunteered to
>   do the grunt work. Please dont forget cosmetics like 'make clean'
>   spitting out the dirs -- see CLEAN_ on master.

Yay!

> - /me has ppc NPTL pending. Needs TID love for i misinterpreted it first
>   time round. 98% done AFAIC. Testing possible, didn't try remote
>   facility yet where i could test the basics; except: softfp ppc is
>   obviously busted in gcc anyway (but fixable, according to Joseph).
>   No personal interrest so no somersaults to take care of the latter.
>   Call me if you want to trick me into it.

I'm interested in the details of the softfloat on ppc thing.  (And testing NPTL
on my qemu ppc environment, it's currently working fine under 0.9.31.)

Rob