various nptl patches

Austin Foxley austinf at cetoncorp.com
Fri Apr 16 17:08:15 UTC 2010

On 04/16/2010 07:37 AM, Timo Teräs wrote:
> Ok, second try on getting the libc - libpthread interactions right.
>
> This includes the Joakim's patch for protected symbols, with a little
> fix from me.

I thought the hidden symbol thing would work, because I thought when you turned on stdio-futexes, everywhere used
futexes. I didn't realize other places were using __pthread* symbols directly...

We'll need to patch all the other arch's ldso as well to handle protected symbols, but I'll apply this for now. If I'm
not mistaken, other archs will be no worse off than they are now in this situation. Right?

These patches finally cleaned up the _pthread_cleanup* mess for me though. Thanks!

-Austin