uclibc timezone list

Erwin Steffens | Cross Point erwin.steffens at Crosspoint.nl
Thu Apr 1 11:33:44 UTC 2010

Hello,

We're working on a product which will be used worldwide. We have created
a user interface in which a user can choose the timezone that has to be
used by the device. The user has to choose from a list with countries
and cities. When a country is selected we need to save the timezone of
this country into the /etc/TZ file. The only problem here is the
conversion from a city/country to the posix timezone string which have
to be stored in the /etc/TZ file.

Are there lists available with all the countries and timezones and the
posix timezone strings that need to be set for this timezone ?

Best regards,

Erwin Steffens