uClibc and SSP

Peter Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Sun Nov 15 10:10:06 UTC 2009

Hello,

please provide info which patches you applied to GCC and which version of uClibc you are testing and which arch is the tested one.
Minimal requirements:
1. GCC needs to be patched to not use TLS for the guard
2. GCC needs to be patched to recognize uClibc as a valid SSP supporting library
3. uClibc should be trunk (not nptl), haven´t checked lately if any stable version would behave properly
4. uClibc might need some patch for ssp[-local].c to use inlined syscalls where possible
5. binutils needs support for AS_NEEDED

Static compiles might fail, first check that dynamic ones work.
Check your final binaries, that they make use of ld-uClibc.so.0 (readelf -d <...> | grep DT_NEEDED.
Try to test binaries, that do not use threads, since those might produce unreliable results.

Peter
-------- Original-Nachricht --------