Hints please...

Filippo ARCIDIACONO filippo.arcidiacono at st.com
Mon May 18 10:26:18 UTC 2009

You have to enable UCLIBC_HAS_LOCALE and UCLIBC_PREGENERATED_LOCALE_DATA
configuration variables.
In case you don't wont use the pregenereted one you can choose one of the
following
(Enabling UCLIBC_HAS_LOCALE only):
1 - enabling all the uclibc supported locale building as it is;
2 - copy LOCALES in locales.txt (into the directory extra/locale) and remove
from
    the latter the unuseful locale;
3 - set UCLIBC_BUILD_MINIMAL_LOCALE=y to enable only few locales And
charset.

> > And uClibc was unable to compile when configured to download the
> > pregenerated locale data automatically.
> > May I have some hints please involving locale data, please?
>
> Still a bit confused with compiling uClibc with locale
> support enabled.
> Assistance is requested, please.
>
> However, I wrote a patch for Linux-PAM 1.0.4 and it is good to go.
>
> Question:
> Can I merely enable wide char support in uClibc and instead
> of enabling locales in uClibc instead compile and install
> gettext and have it's libraries and header files installed?
If you enable locale support, wide char is automatically enabled.
To have the gettext functionality you have to install the libintl
Library provided by the gettext package.

> In that event will gettext be able to provide the properly
> translated text in the absence of having localedata compiled
> into uClibc?
I think it doesn't make sense use the gettext functionality without
Locale support into the uClibc.
If locale support is disabled, only the "C" locale is supported.
libc.