Dynamically linked binaries do not work

Martin Emrich emme at emmes-world.de
Mon May 11 17:51:12 UTC 2009

Hi!

Kyle Sallee schrieb:

> Did you manage to have it compile and link without using a gcc cross compiler
> or gcc native to *-linux-uclibc?

No, my script will build a dedicated toolchain before starting to build
the target system in a subdirectory. AFAIK your compiler must be a built
for uclibc.

> There is this possible relevant text in the gcc manual page:
>
>        -mglibc
>            Use the GNU C library instead of uClibc.  This is the
> default except on
>            *-*-linux-*uclibc* targets.
>
>        -muclibc
>            Use uClibc instead of the GNU C library.  This is the default on
>            *-*-linux-*uclibc* targets.

Huh... I've always built my stuff with archstring "*-unknown-linux-gnu".
I wonder if replacing gnu with uclibc would influence the build process.
I'll give it a try...

> Normally, gcc would go with the target default.
> But if you wanted to force it to specify
> /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0 instead of /lib/ld-linux.so.2
> then that -muclibc gcc parameter added to LDFLAGS
> might make it so.
> However, I am uncertain if busybox uses LDFLAGS

Again, I'll just try setting that option and see what happens.

Ciao

Martin