Fwd: Please backport a patch to branches/uClibc_0_9_30

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Mon May 11 05:44:25 UTC 2009

On Sunday 10 May 2009 17:38:34 Christian MICHON wrote:
> On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 11:08 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > On Saturday 09 May 2009 20:37:28 Kyle Sallee wrote:
> >
> > please do not top post
>
> unfortunately the default when using gmail :(

gmail has an imap/pop interface for any client to interact with.  otherwise,
i'm aware of gmail web behavior as i use it daily ... easy enough to hit the
delete key twice before typing the reply at the correct location.

it's too bad gmail insists on this awful MS outlookish behavior ... wish there
was a google labs plugin to change it.

> >> Headers from linux kernel 2.6.29.2 can be used.
> >> At least I compiled uClibc using 2.6.29.1 kernel headers.
> >
> > the problem is that uClibc doesnt have a way in the source to say "only
> > use features available in linux-x.y.z and older".  instead, it'll use
> > whatever ABI the headers declare.  so if you want to use linux-2.6.17,
> > you probably shouldnt use linux-2.6.29+ if you want to be safe.
>
> could this explain his static linking failures on p7zip ? using the wrong
> API ?

as Kyle noted, that is unrelated to this thread.  please dont mix threads.
(but i highly doubt those are related)
-mike