Dynamically linked binaries do not work

Martin Emrich emme at emmes-world.de
Sun May 10 11:24:52 UTC 2009

Hi!

Mike Frysinger schrieb:
> On Thursday 07 May 2009 14:26:22 Martin Emrich wrote:
>> If I build using uClibc, the system does not boot (kernel panic, "failed
>> to execute /init"). By chance I noticed that when I build busybox
>> statically, the system boots, but any dynamically linked binaries do not
>> work.
>
> indicates you didnt install all the relevant uClibc files correctly in the
> /lib/ directory, or you didnt compile uClibc correctly

Yes, I investigated further, and I found out that the dynamically linked
binaries reference /lib/ld-linux.so.2, while uClibc installs
/lib/ld-uClibc.so.0. If I symlink ld-uClibc.so.0 to ld-linux.so.2, the
dynamically linked binaries work fine.
Is this symlink supposed to be made, or did I do something wrong while
building the target system?

> ldd should never be used on ELFs which are not native.  use `scanelf -n` or
> `readelf -d`.

Ok, I thought the *.host tools were intended to "simulate" the
corresponding target binaries while on the build system.

Ciao

Martin