no mail after git-push ?

Peter Kjellerstedt peter.kjellerstedt at axis.com
Wed May 6 10:07:13 UTC 2009

A step in the right direction, but the mails (judging by the ones
I received for busybox) seem to be lacking some vital information,
e.g., the sha1 of the commit, what branch it was made on, and
preferably a link to the web where the commit can be seen. Also I
would very much prefer to have the subject line of the commit
message remain in the body since at least the mail reader I use
has quite some distance between the mail subject and mail body
which means I need to move my eyes up and down to first read the
subject, and then read the rest of the body, rather than just read
the bodies which I am used to...

Please find attached the post-receive script that GStreamer uses.
Even if you do not want to use it literally, I hope it may be
of some inspiration. It has the mail list and web URL hard coded,
but that should be easy enough to change to use git config instead.

//Peter