Missing definitions in sys/queue.h

Christian Eggers wgnetz at freenet.de
Thu Mar 19 18:05:49 UTC 2009

> > definitions are missing which breaks my application. It seems that glibc
> > is still using the previous version. Which one can be considered to be
> > the correct one?
>
> depends who you ask.  glibc imported stuff from freebsd but never bothered
> updating things.  iastr some of the definitions in their version being
> broken.

Do you know, which revision from freebsd is used by glibc? I have tried to
find an equivalent version in the freebsd cvs, but I wasn't successful.

> was my import wrong or has upstream freebsd removed them as well ?
> -mike

I've also compared the (current) glibc version with netbsd. I think that these
look much more similar. I suggest either reverting to the glibc version (for
best compatibility) or using the current the netbsd version (for some new
features). Maybe the areas surrounded by

#if defined(_KERNEL) && defined(QUEUEDEBUG)
#endif

should be removed.

regards
Christian