thread notification support in librt

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Wed Mar 18 05:50:15 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 18 March 2009 00:47:24 Rahul K Patel wrote:
> I want to create timer in my application using rt library (librt). But I
> am getting an error while using SIGEV_THREAD notification with
> timer_create api. It seems  notification via a thread is not supported
> in librt of uclibc. Correct me if I am wrong.

that's what the code says:
int mq_notify(mqd_t mqdes, const struct sigevent *notification)
{
    /* We don't support SIGEV_THREAD notification yet */
    if (notification != NULL && notification->sigev_notify == SIGEV_THREAD) {
        __set_errno(ENOSYS);
        return -1;
    }
    return __syscall_mq_notify(mqdes, notification);
}

> Is uclibc planning to add this feature in new release?

uclibc development is pretty loose.  features are generally implemented when
someone cares about it and steps up to it.  requests and interest in general
with librt is very very low.

> If not can anyone guide me how can I patch in uclibc to add this feature?

all the code is in librt/ ... it's pretty small, so i doubt you need more info
than that

otherwise there's:
http://uclibc.org/developing.html

> Disclaimer: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it
> are intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain legally

you'll need to stop posting this crap in your e-mails to the list
-mike