[Buildroot] MIPS arch on NPTL branch

James Chapman jchapman at katalix.com
Wed Mar 4 15:56:54 UTC 2009

Carmelo AMOROSO wrote:
> James Chapman wrote:
>> Carmelo AMOROSO wrote:

>>> James,
>>> sorry sorry sorry !!!!
>>>
>>> you are perfectly right. I found that rev 24524 by Denys, completely
>>> brake TLS support for MIPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! removing all the code
>>> related to TLS relocations.
>>>
>>> I'll see if I can try to recover it back.
>> Thanks Carmelo. It's much appreciated. Let me know if you want me to try
>> something out - I'm happy to test any work in progress.
>

> James,
> I've committed a new version on elfinterp.c for MIPS trying to
> recover/merge the version before the breaking commit.
> Let me know if there are still problem (build/run)

Thanks. I built it and ran it. It no longer gives the invalid reloc type
error, but the app still doesn't run properly. Unfortunately I get no
debug output at all. I need to set up with a static shell so that I can
run test apps buiklt with the new uclibc since it is the first app
(/sbin/init) that fails to execute.

If you spot what's wrong in the code, feel free to send me a patch.

--
James Chapman
Katalix Systems Ltd