nptl branch with i386

Timo Teräs timo.teras at iki.fi
Tue Jun 30 05:27:50 UTC 2009

Matteo Petracca wrote:
> I'm using the libraries in openwrt and I have issues to execute
> ffmpeg. With the simple command:
>
> ffmpeg -i mediafile
>
> I should have as output informations about the file, but I get a
> segmentation fault.
> This is the gdb output that I have:
>
> Program received signal SIGSEV, Segmentation fault.
> 0xb7965cbc in lrintf () from /lib/libm.so.0

Please, the full back trace. And have the programs compiled with
debug info. Even if the actual happens in lrintf() the given
arguments and context matters. Additionally, if it's not compiled
with debug info the locations might not be accurate as static
inline functions are not shown in the back trace.

> I will try with other architectures as soon as possible.

Actually, the most interesting test would be to use nptl branch
on i386 with linuxthreads.new or linuxthreads.old. This will
pinpoint if it's nptl branch specific problem or not.

- Timo