rsync service [was: Re: testmail, ignore]

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Mon Jul 20 16:01:58 UTC 2009

On Monday 20 July 2009 14:30:27 Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Saturday 20 December 2008 00:45:52 Rob Landley wrote:
> > We had an rsync service?
> i set it up a while ago for people to rsync the raw svn files to create their
> own mirrors.  i also restored it at some point and now ive also enabled rsync
> for /git/ (although it probably doesnt make as much sense due to git's
> distributed nature).

Yet, it can be usefull for those of us behind stupid firewalls that do not
allow non-HTTP traffic, but have a SOCKS proxy.

I've tried using git via a SOCKS proxy and it does not work, while rsync
does. So using rsync as a mean to clone/pull from a git repos really makes
sense.

My 2 cents...

BTW, what's the rsync URL for the git repos?

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |  ___               |