Adding shared memory implementation

Mikael Lund Jepsen, ICCC mlj at iccc.dk
Fri Jan 16 11:12:02 UTC 2009

Hi all,

This patch adds shm_open() and shm_unlink() to librt.
For my own purposes, I have git'ed uclibc and made the patch from there,
so let me know if you need it in another format.

The included testapp simply creates shared memory area in a parent
process, writes test data to it and opens and verifies the data in a
forked child process.

Thanks,
Mikael

Carmelo AMOROSO skrev:
> Mikael Lund Jepsen, ICCC wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I cannot see the shm_open / shm_unlink functions implemented in librt.
>> Is there any reason (bloat, ?) for not including these?
>>
> as simply it is reported in uClibc_vs_SuSv3.txt, they are optional and
> simply not implemented until now.
>
>> I've tried taking shm_open.c and shm_unlink.c from newlib and dropped
>> them in librt, and so far it seems to be working as expected. I have
>> not done any extensive tests though.
>>
>> Any interest?
>>
> please post your patches as well test cases for review and inclusion.
>> Thanks
>> Mikael
> cheers,
> carmelo

Mikael Lund Jepsen, Software Engineer

ICCC A/S, Telegrafvej 5 B, 2750 Ballerup, DENMARK

Phone: 	+45 44 86 04 00
Direct: 	+45 44 86 04 25
Fax: 	+45 44 86 03 99

Email: 	mlj at iccc.dk <mailto:mlj at iccc.dk>