Locale support with uClibc-0.9.30

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Jan 12 20:33:33 UTC 2009

On Monday 12 January 2009 06:05:55 Irfan Rafiq wrote:
> I'm upgrading ARC GCC toolkit to use uClibc-0.9.30, currently it is
> using uClibc-0.9.29. The problem I'm facing is that, uClibc-0.9.30 tries
> to download locale support files ("uClibc-locale-20081111-el.tgz") from
> uClibc's download page which is not available there and hence it fails.

Ah, my bad.  I was going to produce these and it got buried.  (My todo list
runneth over.)

I'll go poke at that a bit now...

> Supposedly they should be available on uClibc's download page. BTW,
> uClibc-locale-030818.tgz (older version) is available there but not
> uClibc-locale-20081111-*.tgz.

It should probably be "uClibc-locale-0.9.30.tgz", and it shouldn't try to
download it, you should download it yourself and extract it into the uClibc
source directory.  (That's what people expect after dealing with libpthreads
for so many years.)

Lemme poke at producing the files and I'll see about cleaning up the makefile
later.  (That's fodder for the long overdue 0.9.30.1 release.)

Rob