timer_create (__UCLIBC_MJN3_ONLY__)

rhabarber1848 rhabarber1848 at web.de
Thu Jan 8 16:06:07 UTC 2009

Mike Wilson wrote:

> I am using uClibc-0.9.28.1, and would like to use the timer_create and
> related functions,

Hi,

using uClibc 0.9.30 along with kernel 2.6 these functions are available, I
can compile xfsprogs, which needs timer_create, timer_settime and
timer_delete successfully.

If you use kernel 2.4 this will not work because uClibc uses the kernel
functions, which kernel 2.4 lacks, and does not deliver its own fall back
code, like glibc does. This prevents using xfsprogs with uClibc at kernel 2.4,
a situation I would like to see changed, if possible.

How are the chances that the glibc fallback code gets implemented in uClibc?

Greetings, rhabarber1848