Building uClibc-Buildroot - How to start?

S0L0 at gmx-topmail.de S0L0 at gmx-topmail.de
Tue Jan 6 20:12:54 UTC 2009

Hello!

I want to restart working on my first "embedded" project. I recently downloaded the pre-compiled uClibc-development-rootfs (http://www.uclibc.org/downloads/root_fs_i386.ext2.bz2).

But I would like to compile my own toolchain.

So I downloaded buildroot-20090104.tar.bz2 choose my target architecture and deselected all of the target-packages.

I build the toolchain with "make" and everything seemed to work, but after that I found that I only have compiled the toolchain, not a whole rootfs.

I would like to create a fully seperated development-system and chroot to it, like i did with the pre-compiled uClibc-rootfs.

Do I have to build all necessary packages by hand to create the rootfs of the _development system_? Or is there a shiny little script / option which ends up with a rootfs.ext2 ?

Many greetings
Solomon