query_module compiling, but missing from libc.a

Mikael Lund Jepsen, ICCC mlj at iccc.dk
Fri Feb 27 15:13:52 UTC 2009

Bernhard Reutner-Fischer wrote:
> What is 'query_profile' supposed to do? I don't see that function in glibc
> either.. Typo?

Yes, type - sorry - meant to write query_module
> $ grep _24 .config
> UCLIBC_LINUX_MODULE_24=y
> $ nm -D --def lib/libuClibc-0.9.30.so | grep module
> 0000d3a8 T create_module
> 0000d456 T delete_module
> 0000e92a T init_module
> 0000fc00 T query_module

I only get
$ grep _24 .config
UCLIBC_LINUX_MODULE_24=y
$ nm -D --def lib/libuClibc-0.9.30.so | grep module
0000a8bc T create_module
0000a8d4 T delete_module
0000b46c T init_module

.. so I must do something different/wrong. Is there any other
configuration related stuff besides the config file that can have an
influence?
> If oprofile has no possibility to force off legacy support then fix oprofile.
> Check if configury (mis-)detects your target kernelversion. Check if
> there is a --disable-liblegacy, if not add one (defaulting to something
> sensible for the detected kernel version, i.e. off in your case).
Yes, I looked for something like this, but did not find anything, except
--without-*, which did not work (--without-liblegacy).
I've just stumbled across buildroot, rev. 24936 (5 weeks old) which adds
a "no query_module" patch (although it seems to unconditionally remove
the entire function containing the query_module call - even for 2.4
kernels. Looks a bit strange to me). I will check if it works.
> I wouldn't use OABI.

Neither would I, but I had runtime problem with udev when I went EABI...
Unfortunately I did not have time to investigate this further at that
time...
If anyone knows of EABI-problems with at91rm9200 from Atmel, I'm very
interested in hearing about it...
Thanks,
Mikael