SVN head breaks a lot of apps, 0.9.30 works

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Feb 24 02:36:56 UTC 2009

On Monday 23 February 2009 11:29:05 Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> I am guilty of this breakage. Not familiar enough with pthreads
> implementations (and we are going to have THREE of those.... oh no).

I tried to get the number down.  Honestly I did.

There are more than the current set of developers can hope to maintain, so
random breakage is going to render one of them unusable soon.  I'm hoping that
we simply _remove_ that one rather than delay the next release endlessly.  (I
don't really care if it's LINUXTHREADS_OLD or the other pthreads one.  Just
pick one.)

Alas, we still haven't got a 0.9.30.1 release out yet, so I do not have high
hopes here.  (I might just cut a .1 myself when I get back to Austin...)

Rob