Review of pending 0.9.30.1 patches, with tarball.

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 15 14:02:54 UTC 2009

On Saturday 14 February 2009 23:52, Rob Landley wrote:
> svn 24278: mips bugfix renaming a function from __NTH to __cmsg_nxthdr in
> bits/socket.h.  Ok.  No idea what this fixes, and "merge from trunk" isn't
> helpful, but it's small and localized and svn's horrible branch infrastructure

Rob, do you really think that complaining about something will help?
Do you think anyone is deliberately insisting on using svn
no matter what?

If you are sure that svn is soooo horrible, and you are willing
to invest your time in installing an alternative, migrating
the current installation to it, writing up email announcements
and "HOWTO use new shiny version control system"'s,
do necessary testing and so on, by all means please do it
(in cooperation with admins at osuosl).

At least I definitely won't object to it.

But repeatedly writing acidic comments of "svn suxxx" style
is unlikely to get you anywhere (except maybe it'll infuriate
svn fanboys, if they are present on the mailing list).

--
vda