commit 26002 breaks compile on m68k nommu, and I keep getting "Illegal instruction" when my programs finish.

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Apr 15 13:48:56 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 04:14:03PM -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
> On (14/04/09 14:13), Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> > Commit 26002 attemps to implement the deamon() call on nommu systems.
> > It unfortunately did so using INTENAL_SYSCALL which doesn't exist on m68k,
> > and hence compiles of m68k nommu now fail.
>
> yeah may be we should have these macros for m68k as well.

Would be handy it seems.

Well I backed out that commit and got a bulid that works as well (and
as badly) as 0.9.30.1, so it didn't help me solve any problems, nor did
it appear to create any new ones, other than that one commit.

I wonder if anyone has any idea why every program I compile for m68k nommu
(mcf5271 specificly) ends with "Illegal instruction" when I use uclibc
0.9.30.x + gcc 4.3.3 + binutils 2.19.1 but if I use uclibc 0.9.27 +
gcc 4.1.1 + binutils 2.16 then they don't (but on the other ahnd some
things don't compile at all either).

I just have to figure out which part of the code causes the "Illegal
instruction" to happen so I can fix it.  No idea if it is uclibc or gcc
or binutils yet since it seems you can only upgrade all or nothing.

--
Len Sorensen