Is there any testsuite to validate all functions of uClibc

Carmelo Amoroso carmelo73 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 06:48:48 UTC 2009

Guo Hongruan wrote:
> Hi Bernhard,
>    Thanks for your help.
>    I will try to port this small testsuite to our system.
>    In fact, I have run the LTP on my system. I just want a specific
> testsuite for libc. How about glibc testsuite? I want to port it to test
> uclibc. Is it valuable?
>
> Thanks advance.

Some part of uclibc tests have been taken from glibc, so acn do a comaprison.
For example, all nptl and tls tests are from glibc, slightly modifiedot fit in uclibc build system.

The problem with glibc tests is that they are strongly coupled to the source tree,
while uclibc approach tend to keep them separate, just like user applications;
this mean that uclibc tests must be compiled against sanitized C headers, without
relying on internal headers (this is not always possibile for glibc tests).

If you want to extend the uclibc tests adding some new tests from glibc, or some new tests,
this is absolutely welcome.

cheers,
carmelo