uclibc segfault in ldso again..

Colin Whittaker colinw at occamnetworks.com
Sat Apr 4 20:02:46 UTC 2009

Solved......
> So, it appears elf_machine_relative() was never implemented for MIPS.
> Thats why the debug strings _dl_reltypes_tab are not fixed up.

Well this is a real bug, but only if you turn on LD_DEBUG.
I have a patch that I will post.

The segfault problem I am seeing, the first time a shared library is
loaded, is a bug in my filesystem.
I am trying to use AUFS, unioning a ram disk with a squashfs image.
AUFS appears to have a bug in the mmap(). For some reason the first time
you mmap the writable section of a library, it does not read it into
memory. So you get garbage. In this case, in the .got table causing the
segfault.
Strangely enough there is a comment in the AUFS CVS that states they
fixed this exact problem last year, many version ago.
Without using AUFS, no problems...

Sorry to waste anyones time who may have been reading this thread. :-)

Colin..