confirmed working NPTL revision?

Bernhard Reutner-Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 11:55:05 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 01:03:15PM +0200, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
>On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 12:28 +0200, Carmelo AMOROSO wrote:
>> Rob Landley wrote:
>
>[SNIP]

>> > No, what we do is we keep the 0.9.29 tarball around and if people have bugs
>> > trying to use 0.9.30 they _report_ them to us.  If they want to use the old
>> > threading code, they can use the old version of the library.  If they want
>> > the new features, then they help us find (and fix) the new bugs.
>> >
>> It may be a solution... I' don't have the power to drop linuxthrad.old
>> anyway... we need a wider agreement (Mike, Jocke, Bernhard, Bernd..others ?)
>
>Dropping linuxthread.old is fine with me. There isn't enough developers
>around to maintain 3 versions, not to mention the confusion 3 versions

linuxthreads.old doesn't really receive much manpower, AFAICS. For those
that use it, it usually works for the given use-cases (from the looks).
I'm curious if _anyone_ did build the "new" linuxthreads for arm
recently?

Either my checkout is somehow corrupted, or there is simply no arm
support for the new linuxthreads:

libpthread/linuxthreads/sysdeps/pthread/errno-loc.c:23:27: error:
sysdep-cancel.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [libpthread/linuxthreads/sysdeps/pthread/errno-loc.oS]
Error 1
$ find ./ -name sysdep-cancel.h | grep -i arm
$
nada.

>will arise. I do think the new linuxthread need to be maintained for
>some time.

There was a patch posted recently which brought the new linuxthreads in
sync with current glibc. Perhaps you have the time to audit it?