status of 0.9.30 release

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Mon Sep 8 02:49:54 UTC 2008

Bernhard Reutner-Fischer schreef:
> On Sun, Sep 07, 2008 at 09:56:13AM +0200, Carmelo Amoroso wrote:
>
>> Indeed I've few pending patches to push that may be worth
>> including in .30 release.
>>
>> - locale supports fixes
>> - an optimized sh4 memcpy implementation (currently used
>>   since a long time in uclibc-nptl, glibc and kernel)
>> - getdents
>
> - cleanup the libm problem. Either remove the problematic powerpc bits
>   or get written permission from Apple so
>   that "(C) Apple. All rights reserved" can be fixed to state that it's
>   actually BSD or LGPL or PD. We should not postpone to fix that up, the
>   0.9.30 release should not be shipped with this problem, imho.
>   Since i don't need those powerpc bits, i suggest they should be
>   removed now. If somebody complains then she should submit a fixed
>   version.

- cris(v32) architecture needs updates:
  - native string handling doesn't compile anymore due to memcpy/memset
    (examples can be found from newlibc)
  - crti.S need to be update specifically for CRISV32, patch already on
    the mailinglist, newlibc made this distinction too.

I have attemped to fix the first issue, but I have an issue with:
__GI_memcpy & __GI_memset.

Stefan