status of 0.9.30 release

Bernhard Reutner-Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 22:07:15 UTC 2008

On Sun, Sep 07, 2008 at 09:56:13AM +0200, Carmelo Amoroso wrote:

>Indeed I've few pending patches to push that may be worth
>including in .30 release.
>
>- locale supports fixes
>- an optimized sh4 memcpy implementation (currently used
>   since a long time in uclibc-nptl, glibc and kernel)
>- getdents

- cleanup the libm problem. Either remove the problematic powerpc bits
  or get written permission from Apple so
  that "(C) Apple. All rights reserved" can be fixed to state that it's
  actually BSD or LGPL or PD. We should not postpone to fix that up, the
  0.9.30 release should not be shipped with this problem, imho.
  Since i don't need those powerpc bits, i suggest they should be
  removed now. If somebody complains then she should submit a fixed
  version.