[ANNOUNCE] uClibc-0.9.30-rc3 released

Vladimir Dronnikov dronnikov at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 05:01:54 UTC 2008

>  let the next nightly snapshot overwrite it?

I think that's it. No need to keep volatile stuff until a release is done.

On mini-native/system-image:
As you know I want to link all things statically. But the presence of *.so*
in /lib prevent some broken packages from respecting even "magnum" '-static
--static' LDFLAGS. The only way is to not have shared libraries "visible" to
the linker. One can achieve this by not symlinking /tools/lib -> /lib
(toolchain binaries won't break since they snoop into /tools/lib directly).
But then libc.a and friends become invisible to the linker too. I can
overwhelm this by adding -L${STAGING_DIR}/usr/lib to LDFLAGS and precopying
*.a from toolchain to staging dir, but this is sort of ugly.

How can I get the goal more elegantly?

TIA,
--
Vladimir