More on the svn 23660 breakage.

Bernd Schmidt bernds_cb1 at t-online.de
Wed Oct 29 14:49:02 UTC 2008

Rob Landley wrote:

> There are _three_ allocators right now, MALLOC, MALLOC_SIMPLE, and
> MALLOC_STANDARD.  Is your objection that MALLOC does everything MALLOC_SIMPLE
> does (including nommu support), so there's no real need for MALLOC_SIMPLE?

Simple = plain bad in this case.  It has massive overhead in space and
time.  We shouldn't offer our users something that is quite this broken.

On Blackfin, we use MALLOC, which is also reasonably small and vastly
better than MALLOC_SIMPLE.

Bernd
--
This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers.
Analog Devices GmbH      Wilhelm-Wagenfeld-Str. 6      80807 Muenchen