Install problem (Cross compile AVR32)

John Voltz john.voltz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 23:52:07 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 6:58 PM, Jeremy Bowen
<jeremy.bowen at pertronic.co.nz>wrote:

> Hi
>
> Could someone please help with a basic installation. I've spent several
> days
> on this and I suspect I've overlooked something obvious and it's probably
> staring me in the face but I can't see it.

I would recommend you save yourself the pain, and just use buildroot. If you
absolutely must build everything manually, you will need to pass the CFLAGS
and LDFLAGS variables to configure (or sometimes make). Here's the basic
mess you will have to pass to configure:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/avr32 --target=avr32-linux
CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/avr32/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/avr32/lib -lc -lm
-lz (and etc...)" PKGCONFIG_PATH="/usr/local/avr32/lib/pkgconfig"

make

This will have mixed results and will get _beyond_ tedious when you start
discovering dependencies. Save your time and use buildroot. Spend your spare
time enjoying a beer or something more enjoyable... ;) You will also
inevitably encounter a package with broken configure (or none at all) in
which case you better break out a can of patience, because you'll need it!

Regards,
John