android thread library ported to uclibc

Jeremy Bowen jeremy.bowen at pertronic.co.nz
Thu Nov 20 20:03:40 UTC 2008

On Thursday 20 November 2008 10:09:26 pm castet.matthieu at free.fr wrote:
> > As far as I can tell, the Android source code is licensed under the
> > "Apache Software License version 2.0"
>
> Did look at the link I give you in the previous mail ?

Yes but I couldn't find a license document. In the absence of such a document
and as the "bionic" code is a sub-directory of the Android code, I find it
hard to believe it is licensed any differently to the parent.

> Not all android source code is under "Apache Software License version 2.0".
> Their libc doesn't seem to be on this license.

"doesn't seem to be"!!?? Either it is or it isn't. We need to know for sure.

Without any evidence to the contrary, we must assume that *all* the Android
source code is ASL licensed. (The copyright notice on the code you point to
is not the license. Copyright != License)

If you can point to a definitive document that explicitly states that some
particular piece of Android code is NOT covered by the ASL then this may be
sufficient. Until then, it would be impossible to incorporate any such code
into uClibc.

It's up to you to supply hard evidence that the code you submitted *IS*
licensed with a GPL v2 compatible license, not for me or anyone else to prove
that it isn't.

--
Cheers
JeremyB