Please Help!Problem With compile gmp-4.2.2 with uClibc

Cheng bin amker.cheng at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 11:29:48 UTC 2008

Hi group:
    Currently I am studying how buildroot works and encountered following
problem.
I am fresh here, So Please forgive me if break rule unintended.
    Firstly I work under cygwin and just choose I386 and I686 as the
architecture,
disable busybox and filesystem, leaving others by default(also for uClibc).
    In the procedure of menuconfig, I did not find any item about gmp lib,
but buildroot
downloads and compiles the gmp lib, which leads to failure like:
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/as: BFD
2.17.50 20060817 assertion fail
/netrel/src/binutils-20060817-1/bfd/coff-i386.c:576
tmp-dive_1.s: Assembler messages:
tmp-dive_1.s:102: Error: cannot represent relocation type
BFD_RELOC_386_GOTPC
make[3]: *** [dive_1.lo] Error 1
make[2]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [install] Error 2
make: ***
[/cygdrive/e/work/cross_tools/sources/buildroot/buildroot/toolchain_build_i686/gmp/lib/libgmp.so]
Error 2
I Googled it but did not get anything useful, or just missed the right
results.

I attached buildroot config file and full debug info, hoping for recieving
some tips and advice.

Anything will be appreciated!Thx in Advance.

amker