[ANNOUNCE] uClibc-0.9.30 released

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Nov 12 20:24:52 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 12 November 2008 09:33:25 Bernhard Reutner-Fischer wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 09:03:18AM -0600, Rob Landley wrote:
> >On Wednesday 12 November 2008 06:52:07 Bernhard Reutner-Fischer wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> uClibc-0.9.30 has been released.
> >
> >Yay!
> >
> :)
>
> Just as a sidenote and because there were at least three people running
> into this very issue lately:
>
> The current gcc-3.4.6 from "hardened gentoo" miscompiles 0.9.30,
> the current stable release of gcc, 4.3.2 at the time of this writing,
> works just fine for me. So either fix your old compiler or use
> a compiler that is somewhat current..

I actually plan to build a new set of compilers and root filesystems tonight,
against uClibc 0.9.30 final.  I'll put 'em at the same place in my home
directory on morris and ping here when I do.

If Bernhard wants to move 'em to the downloads directory and zap the old ones
(from _2005_), he's welcome to do so.  (I'm happy to support 'em, it's
basically the output of my firmware linux project which is my most
time-consuming hobby...)

Oh, in this set the compilers will be built for i686 and statically linked
against uClibc on the host, so they should be pretty darn portable...

Rob