Using ldso on sparc

Friedrich Oslage bluebird at porno-bullen.de
Wed May 28 19:04:06 UTC 2008

Hi,

> #define __DEV_T_TYPE        __UQUAD_TYPE
> that is a 64bits.... I don't know if this is ok for sparc 9 or not.
Now it all makes sense, the bus error happens because the userland is
32-bit and it can't handle 64-bit types.

> Hi,
> I'm not sparc expert, but I think that this change is fine, according to
> what you have explained
> So I've just applied it.
> Thanks
I thought about it again. If you have a v9 or v8 you can also run v7
binaries. Though it wouldn't make sense to compile the apps with
-mcpu=v7 if you configured uClibc for v9 but it works and therefore
uClibc should accept it. I'm woundering why I didn't think about this in
the first place, since the ldso code is already capable of accepting two
different magics.

I've tested these changes with helloworld apps, and also with
busybox(svn 22095) and it works just fine. I even added a proper
singed-off-by line :D

Regards,
Friedrich