svn commit: trunk/uClibc: include libc/inet libc/inet/rpc libc/mis etc...

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Tue May 27 13:57:54 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 20 May 2008 20:52, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> >and also forward.oS is not automatically rebuilt by make
> >if I touch it. I need to delete it and lib/* to make it work.
> >Build system is broken.
>
> Can you apply your other proposal (that lives next to the existing one so
> we can start playing with it)? TIA!

It's here:

http://uclibc.org/~vda/build_system.tar.bz2

So far I have no comments (neither positive nor negative).

It's certain to be still buggy, but it's starting to approach
the state where the bugs are easy to fix. The hardest parts
are done.

Last big fixes were:
* eliminated spurious rebuilds
* exhaustively tested that "touch random .c file" + make
  always rebuilds touched file and dependencies
* added back updated "make XXXconfig" machinery

Planning to work on next:
* ensure that silentoldconfig is run on every make invocation
* reinstate "make clean" and "make mrproper"

I'd like to commit it pretty soon, but will be glad to get it
reviewed too.
--
vda