uclibc segfault in ldso

Carmelo Amoroso carmelo73 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 16:59:19 UTC 2008

Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 19:17 +0100, Carmelo Amoroso wrote:
>> Bernhard Fischer wrote:

>>> Well, it would be generally nice if the new linuxthreads would work on
>>> x86 if you find the time, since i don't quite see much progress in the
>>> NPTL camp.
>>>
>> I'm lucky having nptl on my sh4 ;-)
>> I don't know if there is somebody interested in having nptl on others
>> archs than arm/sh4/mips.
>
> So why don't you merge your NPTL back into trunk?

Hi Jocke,
well currently nptl branch is aligned with sh4 development after my
latest commit a few month ago (I mean the branch is what ST release to its customers)
I know that Steve is working on merging ARM on the branch.
So, to speed-up the work, I've started two weeks ago to synch branch
with trunk to keep almost the only differences related to the nptl/tls stuff.
Also. some of my latest commit on trunk have been done on branch as well.
Moreover, I have other sets of patch almost ready to be committed on branch.
So I think that at this point the best is keeping on this strategy.
I hope that Steve will have ARM code ready soon.

I can ensure that it's my interest putting nptl on trunk asap.

Cheers,
Carmelo