Revision 20625, opendir

Bernd Schmidt bernds_cb1 at t-online.de
Mon Jun 9 11:23:37 UTC 2008

Carmelo Amoroso wrote:

>> When libpthread is included in the link, __pthread_mutex_init will do
>> the initialization.  So, what's going on?
>>
> likely you're right ... but this is not true for the nptl branch.
> I've almost completed to port a lot of changes from th trunk to the nptl branch
> (one of this changes are exactly on weaks pthread symbols) and I'll
> check again if this
> fix is still required (anyway, glibc has the memset as I added into the uclibc),
> but your point is correct.

Thanks for the update.  I don't really mind the change itself, but I
wanted to be sure it's not hiding a bug elsewhere.  It would be bad if
NPTL used real locking for single-threaded, statically linked binaries.

Bernd
--
This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers.
Analog Devices GmbH      Wilhelm-Wagenfeld-Str. 6      80807 Muenchen