0.9.29 segfaulting.

Bernhard Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 13:33:01 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 05:38:05AM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
>On Monday 14 July 2008 03:05:27 Bernhard Fischer wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 01:36:32AM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
>> >The gcc ./configure is compiling the following program and trying to run
>> > it:
>> >
>> >  main() {return 0;}
>> >
>> >Dynamically linked, it works.  Statically linked, running it segfaults
>> >immediately, because __uClibc_init() is attempting to call _stdio_init()
>> > and never making it.  (If you add any function call to main, it works
>> > fine even statically linked.  Not sure why.)
>>
>> Does it work on trunk?
>
>No idea.  Trunk hasn't built with my toolchain since svn 19932 broke it.  I
>thought I'd get around to fixing it when the next release came out, but it's
>been 10 months since then and I've stopped waiting.

This was fixed without using iwithprefix a long time ago.

>> If so, which rev fixed it? (IIRC this was
>> fixed on trunk)
>
>Is there likely to be another release in my lifetime?  Perhaps a 0.9.29.1 with
>bugfixes only?

You know that i don't play release-monkey, so i cannot answer this
question. I could point you to the archives for further details about
the release status, but i take it that you're well aware of it :P

>Which "trunk" do you mean, anyway?  The nptl branch that was supposedly going

There is one trunk and there may be branches, e.g. the nptl branch or
random other repos. I was referring to the "official svn trunk".