RFC: multilib support for uClibc

Bernd Schmidt bernds_cb1 at t-online.de
Tue Jan 22 12:37:35 UTC 2008

For the Blackfin, we need to compile several versions of uClibc and
install them in such a way that the cross compilers will find them.  To
do this, we've come up with the following patch (combined from multiple
contributions by Jie Zhang, Mike Frysinger and myself).

Essentially, this adds two additional path components to the install
directories, $(SUFFIX) and $(MULTILIB), which correspond to gcc's
"sysroot suffix" and multilib directory.

For historical reasons, this patch adds MULTILIB as a uClibc config
option, and leaves SUFFIX to be passed as an argument to make.  I can
either keep this or make both/neither config options.

Any coments on this patch?  Objections?  Would anyone mind testing this
on a system other than bfin?

Bernd
--
This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers.
Analog Devices GmbH      Wilhelm-Wagenfeld-Str. 6      80807 Muenchen