unresolved symbols with locale support

Lane Brooks lane at brooks.nu
Fri Jan 4 19:00:29 UTC 2008

I recently turned on locale support in my uclibc build, and after
recompiling everything, I am getting the following unresolved symbols
when trying to run commands like python:

python: symbol '__ctype_b': can't resolve symbol in lib 'python'

I am new to locale support and am unsure how to hunt this problem down.

I see that __ctype_b_loc is now defined.  So is the problem with python
or uclibc?

Things were working fine for me before turning on locale support, but it
seems I need locale support to compile xorg/gtk.

Thanks,
Lane Brooks