thread debugging with gdb

juanba romance juanba.romance at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 18:01:03 UTC 2008

More info related on, at the NGW100 target system i have checked/sampled the
following

# ls /lib/ -al | grep db
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         8432 Feb 16  2008 libthread_db-
0.9.29.so
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           22 Feb 24  2008 libthread_db.so.1 ->
libthread_db-0.9.29.so
It means that the threads debugging is installed at the root file system as
i expect cause this job is automatically done by the builroot stuff if
enough specificactions
are provided.

But if one check below
#ldd /usr/bin/gdbserver
        libc.so.0 => /lib/libc.so.0 (0x2aab3000)
        ld-uClibc.so.0 => /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0 (0x2aaab000)

This confuses me a lot. I can not well understand this dynamic composition
after reading the components assembly description provided at
http://developer.axis.com/wiki/doku.php?id=axis:gdb-debug-threads
Any hint ?

IHTH