locale support (yes, i'm going to try to improve it)

John Calixto John.Calixto at watchguard.com
Thu Feb 14 00:30:26 UTC 2008

Hello folks,

I'm currently working on improving locale support.  My specific interest
is in getting it working on armeb.

I have successfully built in locale support for x86, and it seems to
work fine.  However, when working with armeb, I see a few spots where I
suspect at least struct alignment to be a problem.

Drilling down into how the data (i.e. c8tables.h, locale_data.c, and
friends) are generated, I'm a bit confused by what goes on in
gen_wc8bit.c.  What are ``tt``, ``ti``, and ``xi``?  They appear to be
part of some kind of indexing algorithm, but I'm not sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John