Implementation of ether_line, ether_hostton and ether_ntohost

Matthew Wilcox matthew at wil.cx
Tue Feb 12 01:36:18 UTC 2008

I want to be able to etherwake by hostname.  Since I've gone to the
trouble of putting that information in /etc/ethers, I think my computer
should jolly well not force me to type in meaningless strings of hex.

So here's an implementation (ethers.c) and two test programs
(ethers-line-test.c and ethers-test.c) which exercise it a little.
I'm not sure how to integrate all this into your build framework; seems
to me you guys would be the experts at that ;-)

I hope you find my contribution useful.

(Oh, and in case anyone's wondering, I have an agreement with my
employer that this work I did in my own time belongs to me.)

a retrograde step."