Status of uClibc NPTL and C++ on ARM

Bernhard Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 14:34:01 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 09:24:52AM +0100, Carmelo AMOROSO wrote:
>Ryan Ordway wrote:

>>> No, the ARM NPTL support is in patch form and has been posted to the
>>> list. MIPS and SuperH NPTL support are in the branch. I am finishing
>>> the
>>> merge and testing to then move both of those architectures to the
>>> trunk.
>>> After that, then the ARM support will be brought in. For now, if you
>>> want ARM NPTL support, go grab the patches.
>>>

>> Steven,
>>
>> I've had some difficulties locating the latest patch(es). I've found
>> some older versions of them, but have found references to newer
>> versions that I cannot seem to locate. Would you, or someone else who
>> has them, be able to either re-post them or post a URL where they can
>> be found?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Ryan
>>
>IIRC this is the last one
>http://www.codesourcery.com/public/uClibc-0.9.28-csl-nptl-9.patch.gz

Yesterday evening i started to update this for current trunk (needs
smallish adjustments in several places).
We have to (resp i already did, locally) extend our mutex locking macros
to deal nicely and transparently with futexes for stdio. The libgcc_s
configury can be applied independently (i'll do this but don't have time
to test it).

kraj duplicated the INTERNAL_SYSCALL for arm (thumb vs. non-thumb?) for
reasons that i do not really understand (r16334), so we have to fix this
up twice now, but it sounds like it would be better to just ditch the
duplicate.